Ayam Geprek, Spicy But So Tasty!

Ayam geprek. It's popular food here so you can find it easily. So, what is ayam geprek?

Ayam Geprek, Spicy But So Tasty!
Close up photo of ayam geprek mozzarella. Photo by restyu.

Ayam means chicken in Indonesian and geprek is a Javanese word that means smashed. For simply it's battered fried chicken smashed with sambal.

I think the reason why ayam geprek is famous here is not only caused Indonesian loves spicy. It's also cheap and fills up your tummy. Around Rp10.000 you can get ayam geprek, rice, and lalapan for your meal.

Sometimes when I can't decide what's for my lunch or dinner, I end up having it as my meal. I can't handle the spiciness actually but still, I enjoy it.

Ayam geprek, tempe goreng, rice, and lalapan for my lunch
Ayam geprek, tempe goreng, rice, and lalapan for my lunch. Photo by restyu.

Ayam geprek, mozzarella, tempe goreng, cucumbers, cabbage, and rice. It's quite simple for my lunch but not gonna lie it's a perfect combination. Well, also not forgetting to mention ice tea as my drink. It's so perfect!

Having mozzarella toned down a bit the spiciness of sambal. I can also taste and smell a few lime leaves on the chicken. Lalapan gives a bit of freshness so it's not that oily on every bite. It's such a great meal for my lunch!

—restyu, 260622.

Comments